Here is a brief summary of the full Doctrinal Statement located in the NBC Principles and Policies
booklet, which is available through the church office.
1. We believe in the inerrancy and infallibility of Holy Scripture. This extends equally to every word of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible in their original manuscripts.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the complete deity and complete sinless humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, who accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a substitute for sinners.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, who, as a member of the Godhead convicts the world, regenerates and baptizes believers into the Body of Christ, indwells and seals them permanently, and is the source and power of all acceptable worship and service.
5. We believe that, resultant from the original disobedience of Adam, every human being is born into the world totally depraved, having every part of his nature corrupted by sin so that he cannot merit favor with God.
6. We believe that Christ is received by faith alone, at which moment the believing sinner is rescued from the judgment due his sin, justified, and accepted by the Father unto eternal life; and, that all who are thus born again may be assured of their eternal security in Christ.
7. We believe in the pre-Tribulation rapture of the Church, the pre-Millennial return of Christ to set up His Kingdom, the everlasting conscious bliss of the saved, and the everlasting conscious destruction of the lost.
8. We believe that the Church is composed of all true believers in Jesus Christ, and that these are baptized immediately by the Holy Spirit into Christ’s Body. We practice two ordinances for the Church: water baptism and communion.
9. We believe it is the privilege and duty of all Christians to share the gospel and to support foreign as well as home missions.
We desire to glorify God by prayerfully teaching His Word,expanding our knowledge of God, deepening our love for each other, and sharing the Gospel with the world in which we live.